So much has happened in 2020.
Your first strategic planning session of 2021 should include a deep discussion about the lessons learned over the past year, how COVID-19 has shaped your team and business, and what you’re going to do differently going forward.
This is an opportunity to truly improve your business. To do this, we need to strip away blame, ego and emotion and focus on the data. Jim Collins calls this facing the brutal facts.
Here are 19 questions for your strategic review discussion:
- How safe does our staff feel?
- Who needs more help?
- How well are our values and purpose serving us in challenging times?
- Are we communicating enough and is it the right messaging?
- Do we know who the critical people are in the company?
- How can we do better?
- How was our cash flow planning effected the year?
- If another wave were to hit, how would we handle it?
- How can we optimize our cash flow even further?
- How are our customers weathering the pandemic storm?
- What is the risk level with our key customers?
- How does our customer experience need to shift to meet their changing needs?
- How can we help our customers feel safe and connected during the pandemic?
Supply chain questions
- How have our suppliers managed during the pandemic?
- How do we assess supply chain risk?Which suppliers could be at risk?
- How can we improve our supply chain to ensure there are no issues going forward?
Strategy and overall business questions
- How strong is our business continuity plan in case of a second wave?
- What pivots could you make to our business model based on everything we’ve learned?
- How are we positioning our business in crisis?
This will be one of the most important discussions you will have, so be sure to allocate appropriate time to it. If done right, the review will provide your team something that has been missing in 2020 – clarity. From there, you can plot your course to better manage some of the gaps and create new opportunities.
Do you need help discussing the brutal facts with your team and plotting the course forward? Incrementa is be ready to help, drop Coach Mike Knapp a note on our Contact page to schedule a call.