Special thanks to guest author, Stacey Cerniuk of Annex Consulting
Introducing Annex Helps
Annex Helps connects volunteers with front-line organizations that desperately need assistance. And we need you’re help. Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Volunteers to work remotely.
- Essential services organizations, not-for-profits and charities needing volunteers.
We are assembling an army of volunteers to donate their time and expertise. If you are looking for purpose while being isolated at home, we are targeting people who have been impacted by layoffs, furloughing or work share programs, unpaid leave, as well as anyone simply interested in making a difference.
Volunteers will complete projects remotely for essential services organizations like hospitals and local charities that are working hard to serve the community. This is your opportunity to assist in the battle against COVID-19 and maybe even save lives.
People living in Vancouver may wish to help hospitals and not-for-profits in their home city. Same for those living in Montreal and Toronto. But because the work is remote, you can help organizations anywhere, including areas most in need in North America, such as New York and New Jersey.
We need people with a variety of skills, including both executors and advisors. For example:
- If you are a project manager, you can coordinate collecting PPE gear from companies in your city to donate to local hospitals.
- If you are an administrative assistant with strong organization skills, then you are well suited as a virtual assistant or coordinator.
- If you are a software developer, you can assist a “Mom and Pop” grocery store with implementing an online ordering system.
- If you are a cybersecurity specialist, you can provide security assessments to protect essential services companies and their staff who may be working from home.
- If you are a recruiter, you can find people in need such as cooks and delivery personnel for restaurants, order pickers for grocery stores, or warehouse staff for logistics companies.
This is not about ego or spotlight. The point is to help people.
Partnerships with regional and national organizations are encouraged to make this program more effective and impactful. We’re working in conjunction with Project Management Volunteers which matches up certified project managers with local not-for-profits and charities.
Annex has over 20 years of recruitment industry experience finding talented people for our clients, so this program is a natural extension of what we do best. Our purpose is to make connections that change lives. The purpose of Annex Helps is to make connections that save lives.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to volunteer, or if you represent a front-line essential services organization or charity that needs volunteers.